Research and development
All components of the fully digital (DR) imaging system shall be designed to be very efficient, robust, cost-effective and well adapted to the context of the hospitals in resource-constrained settings. In particular, the device must meet the following criteria:
- provide high-quality images acquisition and an advanced digital radiography workstation (for diagnosis).
- allow for several hours of uninterrupted work despite of low-power and very unstable power supply.
- withstand high levels of temperature, humidity and dusty environement.
- be safe and easy to use, even by partially-trained staff from different cultures and languages.
- exceed 10-year lifecycle with very low operating costs without consumable and requiring few maintenance and repair.
- comply with applicable international standards and regulatory directives.